Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Take A Chance On Me. On Second Thought...

So last night the immortal words of ABBA struck me, not in the usual context one thinks of when hearing this song, ok well at first that is where my thoughts lay, but then a rather different twist on this phrase crossed my mind, and I began to think. As I lay in bed, knowing there was no way i could even get 5 hours of sleep, I realized this life is full of chances. It is a chance for us to learn and to grow, and a chance to be happy.

So while these thoughts were filtering through my head, I decided that if I truley want to be happy, some chances are not going to be relived. When these have come and stabbed you in the back, and time and again continued to push the knife in jsut a little bit deeper, you have to say enough is enough. Things happen and chances can't be taken back once given, but they also don't have to be continuously given when the result has always been the same. Forgive, and move on is my ne motto, but I add to that, I will deffinently be more careful about those I allow to take a chance on me.

3 comments:

American Girl said...

Trust is something that once is lost is hard to regain. Everyone is worth giving a second chance, but if they take that chance for granted then they may no longer be worthy of your friendship.

I know that the Savior says to forgive all men and we should always be willing to forgive them, but He would not want us to allow someone to continually hurt us. So forgive them, and then move forward.

I hope that you get through this difficult time.

Kate said...

Second's only second the second time. ;)

fantastic funk said...

Forgiveness is an amazing thing. It is a gift that allows us to be free of the hurt caused by others. When we forgive them we free ourselves making allowance to be healed by the Divine; whereas holding on to hurt and offense is like a captivity that binds us down and keeps us from the true joys of giving and receiving the real good stuff.
I've had this topic drilled into me this year, so if you want to talk, I can understand.