Friday, December 02, 2005

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

This quote comes from Ghandi. He was really on to something. If we want the world to be a better place, don't we inturn have to become better people.

I have been thinking a lot latley. There are so many things in this world that break my heart and i have often thought, what difference can i make. I am just one little person. No one will care what i am trying to do. But herein lies the problem. If we don't think that our actions will matter and that no one cares what one little person is doing, then we are all doomed. It take just one person to set an example for others and, sometimes just one bad experience to make some one turn from the truth. So today let's all try to "be the change [we] want to see in the world" in our own little sphere's and who knows maybe one day it will happen on a much larger scale.

4 comments:

Jeje said...

Thanks for the reminder and the challenge.

C.J. said...

You're blog won't let me post on it, stupid thing.

C.J. said...

Oh, okay. This time it worked! What a great post, it's so true. I truly believe that the biggest impact we can make is within our own little spheres, and how can we do that if we aren't the people we need to be!

fantastic funk said...

I feel the same way...a lot of the time I get these great ideas but they turn out to be way too big for one little me! But then, we've gotta remember the starfish...made a difference to that one!