Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Vocab Lesson

Ceteris Paribus: the assumption of nothing else changing. This phrase has been very prevalent in my Microeconomics text. I think that i need to learn to use this in my life. I need to stop assuming that it will change. Assuming that this will stop, is a little asinine, because it has come to my attention that it will not.

It is obvious that there are somethings that just cannot be changed. We cannot change some one else's behavior. We cannot change the rain to sun. All that we can do is to ride out the storm and hope for the best in the end. It will be over soon. Things will be different when the cloud moves on.

3 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Another favorite saying of my dad's:

Things that don't change tend to remain the same.

David Cho said...

"Ceteris Paribus" How is that pronounced.

So how would you work it into day to day conversations? "Hey John get this through your thick ceteris paribus head. How dense can you get?"