Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hold please...

So I have been put on hold. There are some great opportunities that soon will be available in my life, but for the moment they have been put on hold for and unspecified amount of time. All I know is they will come to fruition soon. I am hoping one thing I am holding for isn't soon in the Lord's time cause that could be ten years for all I know, and I really don't want to be sewing underwear for the next 10 years. This is frustrating. I know that things will all work out how they are supposed to, but honestly haven't I been holding long enough? I guess not, I will keep holding for a little minute, I suppose.

Whether it be with school, work, or relationships, I have been placed on hold. Well I guess school not so much, even though it will take me a few more years to finish, at least I am still going. My goals and plans have not changed, but it seems that I am not moving any closer to them. Life can sometimes do that to you right? So we trudge on, hoping that soon we will be put through and allowed to have what it is we desire.

4 comments:

fantastic funk said...

this topic has been on my mind recently as well...do you at least have some nice music playing on the line to make the wait a little more enjoyable?:) Hang in there, friend, when the wait is finally over, you will see that it's all been worth it!

Domestic Goddess said...

There is fabulous music playing on the line. I am very hopeful for what will be given to me when the wait is over.

B said...

There is no letting go of your hold my dear. Believe me I have been holding on for an extremely long time and frankly my hands hurt, but just when I think that I can't hold on for any longer, quiet angels come and lift me encouraging me that I can continue.

I have been in a holding pattern for a couple of months now on what seems to be every part of my life. I have to remind myself to look around and see what I am learning and see who is within my voice that I can help for that is about all that I can do right now. Ask for a glimpse of what is around the corner. Remember that there is a loving Heavenly Father carefully placing roses at our feet to keep us walking toward the women that He desires us to become.

I love you friend!!

American Girl said...

I read the most beautiful talk in the New Era yesterday about the Lord's timetable. We might not always understand what it is, but He sees the bigger picture and it always is the right time for us, even if we are impatient and want things to happen a bit faster.